Preparing for a Project Briefing
Prior to meeting with Visionform to kick-off a project, we recommend that you produce a written project brief that summarizes the project requirements and objectives. Having a clear idea of the results you want to achieve, the timelines and budget will prevent wasted time, effort, and money.
Here are a few tips for preparing a written brief:
- What are goals of the project?
- What is the key message you want to convey? Consider the desired impression the piece should have on the audience.
- Who is your primary audience and your secondary audience? How will they interact with the completed work.
- What is the life span of the final product?
- What is your budget? Being aware of your budget allows us to advise you on the most effective use of the funds available. If you are unsure of what to budget for your, we can help you with some simple guidelines.
- Who is the final decision-maker within your organization and at what stages will they need to be involved?
- Be prepared to provide relevant reference material for estimating (e.g. Floor plans, materials and finishes lists, Corporate branding standards, construction schedules, etc.).